The Centre québécois sur les matériaux fonctionnels/Quebec Centre for Advanced Materials (CQMF / QCAM) is an interuniversity strategic group, financed by Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et Technologies, working in the field of functional materials for biomedical, environmental and energy applications supported by fundamental research axes in the topics of self-assembly, nanotechnology and polymers. It collaborates with other provincial, federal and international research laboratories, providing the society with state-of-the-art skills in its area of expertise.
Research and development
- Design and develop functional materials through a fundamental approach for emerging technologies and applications.
- Solve these technical and technological challenges with a multidisciplinary approach.
- Provide state-of-the-art research and development infrastructure to the members of the Centre.
- Contribute to practical and theoretical training for the synthesis and functionalization of materials, the characterization of their properties, their integration into systems and their applications to exploit their added value.
- Provide professional training in the use and operation of infrastructure contributing to the research and development of functional materials.
Collaboration and technology transfer
- Establish national and international partnerships with academic, governmental and industrial institutions.
- Ensure the transfer of knowledge to industry to promote technology commercialization and economic growth.